From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 16:02:32 GMT
Allen Dick wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Frederick Chase wrote:
>
> > If it is not yet ready for eating I suppose I should not store it in
> > my freezer, should I?
>
> Again, why not?  Freezing suspends all processes - ageing, granulating,
> maturing.  It is the best way to extend the life of comb honey.

But you don't have to, and you could get a very full freezer if  you  do
;-)  Do  seal  liquid  honey away from the air though, or it will absorb
water and start to ferment.  Granulated comb honey can be  a  bit  of  a
nuisance,  although  I  have  seen  it  deliberately  left to granulate,
whereupon  it's  been  cut  and  packaged  and  then  melted  again   by
*carefully*  applied heat.  The comb doesn't collapse if the wax doesn't
actually melt and it's shape is supported in the cut-comb box.

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott    [log in to unmask]         100332,3310 on CompuServe
Newsletter      [log in to unmask]      ditto