From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2014 19:16:16 -0700
"From imidacloprid technical fact sheet

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/imidacloprid.pdf

This binding  process is irreversible"

Neonics are insect poisons so I really do not care if neural binding in insects is, or is not, reversible.  Bees are insects so I expect neonics to kill them at some dose.  If you choose to dose your bees with a high dose of neonics and your bees die what difference does it make if binding is or is not reversible?  From all that I know from published studies field realistic doses of neonics (with the exception of planter dust or sprays on flowering plants during bloom) do not have any significant impact on bee performance or life span.  Thus the reversible vs irreversible argument is a red herring as far as I am concerned.

On the other hand, I would be very concerned by irreversible neural binding in higher animals.  I erred by not making clear that my comments that such irreversible binding is nonsense based on the rapid rate of radio label clearance were directed at higher animals.  The MSDS you cited supports my statement that clearance is fast and binding can not be irreversible in higher animals.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken