From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:32:13 -0800
Bill Truesdell wrote:

> Minor point but I believe it is the enzymes that are are killed off
> above 122F. Which brings up a good point, you can have "dead" organic honey if it is
>
> heated beyond 122F but live non-organic unheated honey. Or do the
> standards have heating as a stipulation for being called organic?

Hello Bill and All,
  I think if we try fit standards as people put on paper, we will have problems.
We all have ideas as to what is organic.  True clean pure organic honey is
"impossible".
As stated before by Jerry and others , there is no clean place on this planet. We can
only work with what we have
in our areas . I do not promote my honey as organic.No organic on the lable.I don't
need to at all. Anyone coming by
my honey stand at the Farmers markets get a free ear full of education on honey and
bees. Plenty of pictures and handouts.
I made a market for my honey. I sent some to China a week ago. That's a good twist.
 The main point is , don't get caught up on labels. The product inside will do you
well in business. Do the best that you can and believe in what you are doing. Quality
is Job 1 !
Best Regards
Roy