From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:56:58 -0800
"I was only pointing out that the matter was clearly not "he said, she said"."

As someone who used to work in R&D for a company that made some pesticides I will say that I have had the misfortune to run across many slime balls and con-people out to line their pockets.  I will give one example. Our product was used on a lawn.  This use was a legal label use althou it is a practice I object to personally.  Were it up to me there would be zero legal pesticides available for lawns or golf courses instead of the millions and millions of pounds wasted on such uses every year.  I would even make it illegal to fertilize your lawn.  Total waste of resources that serves no useful function in my opinion and leads to considerable pollution.  Be that as it may, the home owner laid her three month old infant out in the lawn that had been treated a few days before.  The kid was naked and laid directly in the grass.  The kid got a bad sun burn and perhaps some irritation from the grass and bitched up a storm for a day or two.  Good for the kid.
 The homeowners sued us and blamed the kids suffering on our product.  A product I have been covered with from head to toe, by the way, with no adverse impact.  We bought our way out of the law suit as usual as you can never  risk going in front of a jury.  A jury might award them a few million dollars.  We paid for their weeks vacation in FLA while we dug up their lawn to a depth of six inches, replaced that six inches with top soil and resodded.  Pesticide companies deal with such people all the time. Some of them claim to be scientists.   Anyone who expects companies to be happy with such morons is a fool.  Unfortunately the world is full of them.

Now, can we please get back to bees?  I like frogs just fine and raise a bunch most every year.  I have yet to see a extra leg and have looked at thousands of frogs.  Frogs are not the topic of this group.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken