From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:04:48 -0600
> ... I cannot recall even one person writing in to say that they use
> Bidata software and that it installed well and is in regular use to
> their full satisfaction....

I'm still waiting. Not one person has ventured a further opinion on
Bidata since I offered to do this little survey.  I did receive a kind
note from the author (Jorn) of the software explaining that he has been
working on it for seven years and has mastered the several problems that
lead to complaints as quickly as possible.  Moreover he uses it himself.

He indicates that downloads since 09/08 1997 are 74 for win95 and 21
for win 3.1.  That's quite a few.  I wonder how many of you installed and
ran or tried to run the software,  Please let me know -- even if you don't
complete my survey questions.  Confidentiality is ensured unless you ask
to be named.

On a related topic:  So far I've processed over 35 requests for the
yards.gif screenshot of my MS Excel spreadsheet sample.  I'm not selling
it or even giving it away.  I just offered it for information purposes and
to stimulate discussion on computer record keeping.

I was hoping to hear some questions and comments -- and of course,
criticism and suggestions for improvement. So please drop me a line or
post some ideas here.

Allen

---
You can search the BEE-L archives by sending email to
[log in to unmask] saying
SEARCH BEE-L "key phrase"
Substitute a key phrase for "key phrase" above.
and remember to use the double quotes to exclude
hits on the individual words in the phrase
---