From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:35:39 -0500
I recently had my hand operated on and got permission from the doctor to
use honey as a dressing. The results so far have been extraordinary. Three
weeks after the operation and two weeks of honey treatment all wounds- this
was major surgery with one three inch cut across my palm and five other
smaller ones of an inch or less on the fingers and palm- are closed with
pink skin and no scabbing. Two of the cuts are completely closed with
minimal scarring. I  have most movement back- am typing this with both
hands. The doctor is impressed and wants to write a paper on it. I gave him
some of the papers from the manakua honey tests.

My sister-in-law, who is an Occupational Therapist, told me before the
operation that it would be a few months before I would be where I am in
only three weeks. The honey healed the hand without scabs forming, so the
healing was never interrupted by my flexing my hands, which is required so
it does not stiffen up. If there were scabs, they would have opened and
slowed the healing. Plus, it would have been painful flexing my hand with
scabbing so I would not be able to have the amount of movement I now have.
Unbelievable stuff, honey.

Here is the question.
The honey is raw in the strictest sense of the term. I do not heat it at
all. But I was wondering about long term storage of raw honey for wound
treatment and if granulation decreases its efficacy? That seems to me to be
a major drawback to its use if it does.

The other is you need a patient who is willing to use it.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME
who says you have been picking on a disabled person and would sue, but all
the lawyers are in Florida.