From:
Tom Rathbun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:02:54 -0500
I’ve been trying to do some research on the vaporization damage of Oxalic Acid Treatment on Honeybees in North America. I’ve been told by my States Entomogist that the treatment for Varroa Destructor using Oxalic Acid (Vaporization) will singe the hairs on the antennas of the  Bee. I’m doing this for a research papers..      I have  taken samples from hives approx 100 Bees before any treatment in the fall, then again from the same hives three more times after each treatment.  I have examined the Bees antennas ( as well as other body parts) under a microscope looking for any difference after each treatment.   I have found some damage amongst my samples.   I have documented the amount of Oxalic Acid used for each treatment, all being the same.     Has anyone else done any research on the effects of this form of treatment? Or has anyone have any information that I might be able to study on this for of treatment.