From:
JOHN IANNUZZI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 09:00:09 -0500
> Ladies and Gentlemen of the list,
>
> I am a beginner at bee keeping, and am starting to get set up for Next
> Spring.
>
> Rather than buy the beginner kit out of the Dadant catalog, I am looking to
> pickup some used equipment.  I wouldn't mind spending a few weekends fixing
> up some older equipment either.
>
> I live in Manteca, CA. (San Joaquin Valley) and will be setting up the hives
> on a ranch in Raymond, CA (Fresno Hills).
>
> If you live anywhere remotely close, and are looking to sell, send me an
> email... I'd like to talk.
>
> PS: I found an ad in the paper that read "BEES for rent", is this common?? I
> was getting set to put my first order into Dadant for next spring.  Maybe I
> should hold off?
>
> PPS: My interest in beekeeping started because I am a consumer of BEE
> POLLEN.. It has truely been a lifesaver for my allergies this year.  I know
> it has helped others.. Any of you who know where I can find good cheap Bee
> Pollen, I'd welcome your advice.. I currently pay $7-8 per lb. at a local
> health food store.
>
>  -Brian
> email: [log in to unmask]

  REPLY: The monthly American Bee Journal (ask for free copy - 51 S 2nd St
Hamilton IL 62341) lists Pollen-for-Sale ads every month, starting at $3.50
per pound plus shipping. U certainly can do better there.  Better yet,
get yourself a pollen trap (I run seven every year). The best trap out there
for my money is made by Stauffer's Bee Hives Rt 1 Box 489 Port Trevorton PA
17864, sent postpaid continental USA for $33 (price changes 31dec95).  It is
truly unique.  I shud know since I've tested more than 10 diff configurations
over the years. It even comes w/ a unique "guarantee." U can't go wrong!
Bonne chance.  Jack the B-man  PS David Martin He drives a horse and buggy and
uses no
electricity. Nor does he have phone so don't try getting his number from
 the operator.
   John Iannuzzi PhD            * "Singing masons building roofs
   9772 Old Annapolis Rd        *  of gold."       --Shakespeare
   Ellicott City MD 21042 usa   *  20 Italian colonies
   [log in to unmask]   *  3-1/2 decades in beedom