Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 17:46:17 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
>>>   how would you further or favor 2 way communication?<><><> . Communication between two or more people is difficult.  Listening is the hardest part.   Counselors and psychologists getat least a master’s degree and a large part is spent on the different modes we canuse to listen.        To begin with, all of usapproach a discussion with a bias. Most of us activate that bias as soon as we start listening to anotherperson’s rhetoric.   We paypartial attention to what we are hearing and a lot of attention in formulatingour rebuttal while the other person is still talking.  It is REALLY HARD to listen to another and really hear whathe/she is saying, especially when we are talking about a contentious subject.        Oneway I was taught to concentrate on listening is to listen so as to be able toparaphrase back to the person talking to me what I thought I heard that personsay and then to ask for a confirmation that what I thought I heard was, infact, what that person was trying to say.   It is only after receiving that confirmation that Iwould start formulating my response.   It slows conversation way down but at least it propagatesa more accurate discussion on the subject.        Just my thoughts. Mike in LA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2