From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:13:59 -0400
>Do the People having problems with wooden frames coming apart use wood
glue?

I have always used glue (Titebond) with nails. Waterproof glue is much
stronger than nails but the nails help clamp the wood together to allow a
proper drying of the glue and help provide a backup if the glue fails.

When out in the field a failure of a "glue only" frame is hard to repair.
With nails a few taps with the hive tool can save a larger problem.

I am finding that the frames that give me the most problems have a kind of
double notch in the in the bottom and side bar joint. One half of the joint
likes to come lose along a split in the wood. Other frames that have a
simple U shaped joint have not given me any problems....yet