From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2016 20:57:44 -0500
There are many places where this just isn't necessary. Certainly not in Ontario. I have SHBs in my hives when they are in SC. I see some in my hives sometimes when they are in NY. So far they have never done any damage. I see no reason to trap or treat SHB. If drenching the ground around apiaries is a recommendation a lot of people are going to do so whether doing so will be beneficial or not. And beekeepers complain about the use of pesticides in agriculture in general? But we are responsible beekeepers. We would never misuse pesticides, would we?