Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2011 10:03:11 -0400
> * No person shall make an outdoor application of a pesticide product which
> has information on its label or labeling noting that the product is toxic to
> bees unless such person first notifies, at least 36 hours prior to the
> application, each apiarist who:
>
> (1)Desires notification;
>
> (2)Maintains an apiary which is located within one-half mile of the target
> site; and
>
> (3)Has been registered with either the New Jersey Department of
> Environmental Protection or the New Jersey Beekeepers Association by April 1
> of the calendar year in which the applications subject to the notification
> requirements of this section will occur.

But..

The buckwheat farmer just called me at 10pm tonight. I had moved some weaker
> hives and nucs to the smaller buckwheat field for them to put on some weight
> for winter.

Sounds like the buckwheat farmer is the good guy here since it is his field
and the beekeeper moved by it to gain from the farmer allowing him to do so.
The farmer was kind enough to notify the beekeeper in time to move his
hives. It is not a ",maintained" apiary and it is not the beekeepers field.

The question asked is can the hives be safely left where they are? No need
to jump on the farmer with threats of impending doom. Answer the question.

I think there is an over reaction here.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine