From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:40:52 -0600
Hello All,
On the Friday CBS evening news with Katie Cupric this week was a segment
with Brent Adie and Jeff Pettis.  Seems the USDA-ARES is in the almonds
looking at the crashing hives of the Adie's and others.

Researchers still baffled.

I heard today dead hives are stacked high in many areas of California.

I heard from across the pond tonight hives are crashing in Italy & France. I
will give a better report when I get more information. France blames
neonicotinoids mixed with a fungicide. Confider was the brand spoke of. They
said some restrictions were lifted for gaucho and the change was when
losses started. Will keep the list posted.

Because my bees and those beekeepers around me have got the best bees in
years I thought our bee problems might have subsided but it seems die offs
and dwindling bees are happening as we speak.

 I called an ABF board member and he said he was getting reports of serious
problems in almonds I asked what the USDA-ARES is calling the problem. He
said COD. My source from across the pond said they are calling the problem
COD. Whatever the cause I think I can safely say hives are crashing *right
now* in many areas.

All I know for now! Will post further as information comes in.

bob

--
believed to be clean.