From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:18:48 -0600
> Some 'know' that they will go paradise if (or though) they blow up a large
> number of innocent people who are not members of their own religion.
>
> Others believed (and some still believe) that Iraq had weapons of mass
> destruction,
>
> Some believe that asking for clear and well developed proof before risking
> even conditional belief is not only reasonable, but a good way to stay
> alive, sane and solvent.
>
> I guess we all have to believe in something, so I'll go with the last one.
> Does that put me in the minority?

At the risk of continuing a line of discussion that has little to do with
informed discussion about beekeeping, I would suggest that you are not in
the minority.  That is why we waited decades before taking action on smoking
as a cause of lung cancer.  Data was only correlational, not experimental.
Millions died, but we did not take action until we were sure.   Well, we are
still not sure, but that is because we were unable to find people to
volunteer to be in the experimental group for the smoking experiment.

If there is a parallel to beekeeping, yes, sometimes I do things I am not
totally sure are useful in dealing with problems both present and expected.
I only require that it fit the "do no harm" criteria.

Yes, Allen, even scientists, atheists, and beekeepers act on faith.  You are
not in the minority and I respect what you choose to believe in.

Larry Krengel