From:
Gerard Worrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 11:22:23 -0400
On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, BLANE WHITE wrote:

> Hi Gerard,
> There is an ongoing effort to get some new materials registered for
> varroa control and at present this has priority over chalkbrood.
> Neem extract is one possible control being looked at and may help
> with chalkbrood and nosema as well as varroa but much basic work
> needs to be done.  These botanicals are much easier to get EPA
> approval for so maybe we will have some more options soon as you know
> we really do need them.
> Blane
>
> Blane White
> State Apiary Inspector
> Minnesota Department of Agriculture

Second message from Blane: There is ongoing efforts to get some other
materials registered for varroa control that have priority over
chalkbrood. Neem extract is one. Botanicals are easier to get EPA
registration

Paul van Westendorp suggested I contact Dr. Liu directly at:

Mark Jensen replied: Article by the same author in Mar issue of ABJ on
use of Neem (Margosan) for chalkbrood and nosema.

Thanks for the comments.
Jerry Worrell, Dunkirk,MD