From:
Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:25:20 EDT
I have built some medium supers and hive bodies and wanted to get the comb
drawn in the hive bodies. I put them on top of hives that consist of 1 hive
body full of brood pollen and honey and a medium super full of honey.  The
hive bodies and supers that I bought have 9 frames sitting on spacers. I did
not notice that the frames rest about 3/8ths inch below the top of the
super/hive body. The ones that I built are even with the top and have about
3/8ths inch bee space on the bottom.  This gave me 3/4ths inch beespace which
the bees promptly began to fill with comb and honey.

I took of the supers and found comb all over the bottom of the frames and top
of the original hive bodies.  The bees are not using the foundation that I put
on top so today I switched 1 hive and put the new hive body in the middle.

I need help!
Is bee space supposed to be on the top or bottom?
How do I get the bees to draw out the comb?
I'm new but I am learning.
 Thanks
Richard