From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:05:01 -0500
>Beekeepers from Down Under have reported a "disappearing disease" but not
on the scale of CCD, Pettis said during a press conference Wednesday.

The above was traced back to a pollen issue and the symptoms were not a hive
full of brood and no bees. Have I got it wrong Trevor?

" he added.( Pettis)  "I still believe that multiple factors are
involved in CCD and we must test [them] in a more rigorous fashion."

I noticed by Mid afternoon of the first CCN bee reports the bee report had
been dropped. Hmmm.

> IAPV could in theory be causing CCD by inserting its genetic material into
bee genes for pheromones or other molecules that coordinate hive behavior,
thereby disrupting those genes, a possibility that he and the CCD working
group plan to test.

Lots of hypothesis with CCD. Add the above to the list!

> Until researchers have cracked the CCD mystery, Cox-Foster advised
beekeepers Wednesday to keep their bees well fed and free of mites.

The above goes without saying. What commercial beekeepers are trying to do.
The above is not the information we are looking for but at least we are
getting some "bang for our beekeeping research bucks".

Like I said last fall. Beekeepers may have to figure this thing out
ourselves with little help from the government.  Like Jim Fischer said " Let
a cow drop dead and see the reaction" " National guard & Boy Scouts sent to
help". Looks like CCD funds might  not be coming partly with help from the
Science article.

Also finger pointing solves nothing! Look at Washington!

bob

--
believed to be clean.