From:
T & M WEATHERHEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 20:40:29 PST
Garth wrote a week or so ago about using bees to spread beneficial
viruses.

About 12 year ago, there was work being carried out in Queensland on
using honey bees to spread Baccillus thuringiensis onto to a sorghum
crop.  This was to control heliothis (spelt something like that) on the
sorghum crop.  As I recall, it ran out of money so was not continued.

I believe that our Research Committee has funded a similar type project
this year so you can see Garth they must have heard you thinking.
There is no reason why it should not work.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA