Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:23:27 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
New thread, since "eliminate inspections" has recently been about beekeeping organizations.

For those who are not New Yorkers and are tired of this thread, I believe that the issues of distance, disenfranchisement, and who has the "right" to govern beekeeping organizations that claim to represent large numbers of beekeepers pertains to many other places around the planet where there are beekeepers in the same organization spread over hundreds of miles (or kilometers!!) and who are keeping bees for different reasons.

I agree with Jim that we need a way for remotely located (meaning far from Syracuse) NY beekeepers to participate remotely in ESHPA.  This is not just about proxy votes.

With the sophisticated internet options available to us today, there is no excuse.

ESHPA, like ABF, has been struggling to be relevant to a majority of beekeepers within their "range".  And by "majority" I mean the voting public who have a few hives, and who have passion, influence, and money to support beekeeping.  Consider, for example, how they could influence legislation on how the public lands are used (to give you just one of many examples of why hobby beekeepers matter).  It is VERY shortsighted of the few commercials who are presently strong-arming our NYS organization to presume that hobby beekeepers are not relevant to their own personal welfare.  It is worth their time to court our goodwill by helping us, by communicating with us more effectively, and to publicly stand with us on issues of common concern.

Christina

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2