From:
Ross Langlands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:45:42 +0100
Help. This is my first year of bee-keeping. On going through my hive 4 weeks
ago I found drone brood above the queen excluder in the supers, no eggs and
a small amount of sealed and unsealed worker brood in the brood chamber and
no queen cells. I requeened it and put in some frames of brood, but there is
no sign of new worker brood or eggs and I can't see the queen. There are
scattered drone cells in the brood chamber and I guess I have drone laying
workers.
I took a small swarm or cast 2 weeks ago from a farm 7 miles away. My plan
is to move the hive containing this swarm to the site of the old hive, move
the old colony ½ mile away and shake off the bees so that they fly back to
the new hive, leaving the drone laying workers. If I do this will the new
queen (and colony) be accepted by the old colony which is much larger or
will I lose everything?

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only,

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.