From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:36:49 -0400
>  With the right technique and brush, I can move lots of bees with no
stinging.

This bee brushing thing has gotten bigger than life!  I'm not sure if I
started it,
but the point I was trying to make was that using a brush concocted with
grass,
(which is plentiful in every bee yard I have ever seen) you can brush bees
with vigor without upsetting bees.

I'm aware that you can upset them with dark bristled brushes for a fee, and
you can do better with light bristles at a bargain, and you can not upset
them
at all with a traditional feather plucked from the magic goose on Christmas
Day, but in the meantime, you can pull some grass, fashion a quick brush and

just about conduct Beethoven's 5th on the bees' heads and they don't seem to

mind at all!

I'm left wondering, with the ready availability of something free, which
works so
well and can be discarded when through (a new one will be at your feet the
next
time you need it), why all the discussions of alternatives that don't work
as well or
cost money or need to be kept in a tool box?

Aaron Morris - thinking try it, you'll like it!