From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 07:23:34 -0600
> Ok, so I'm being a contientious beekeeper, pulling supers at the
> beginning of the fall flow so I can get the Apistan strips in to
> ensure that I'll have bees next spring.

<etc.>

I'm curious.  Have you sampled your mite levels?  Are other
beekeepers in your area treating simultaneously?  What does your
local bee extension agent say?  Other local hobbyist and commercial
beekeepers?

If you are acting alone, what are the chances that your efforts may
be in vain?

I doubt that anyone on this list can advise on your local conditions
and unique problems as well as your neighbouring bee people can,
unless they happen to be within your area.

My understanding is that varroa control requires co-ordinated local
efforts.

Of course, I imagine we are all very interested in your problem and
some may have general comments.  We'll also want to know more about
your ultimate conclusions as you learn more about this new problem
and hope you continue to post more on this as you proceed.

Best of luck.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>