Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1992 23:04:00 +1300
Well, where I first learned beekeeping in Texas, dried cow patties were
just the thing to burn in a smoker.
In Tonga, we used the fibrous bark like material from the coconut trees.
Here in NZ, pineneedles and old (burlap) sacking are probably the most
common materials to burn.  Can't say that I've ever really noticed any
difference in effectiveness, so long as there is a lot of cool, white
smoke...

       Nick Wallingford
  Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
 Internet [log in to unmask]