Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 18:47:15 -0600
>Just was woondering why don't we all just donate the 32cents we would spend
>on a stamp instead of spending the money for the cherios and 32cents for them
>to donate 25cents.

Not a bad idea - I'd thought of that myself and then realized that it would
still take a 32cent stamp to send 32cents and therefore cost 64cents.  Of
course the post office would be getting a smaller percentage if you sent
32cents rather than a bee worth 28cents.  Then again, you could send more
and further reduce the post office's percentage while giving bee research a
bigger boost.  Whatever.  I think that it's cool that someone besides
beekeepers is trying to save the bees.  We all ought to think of some sceme
to raise more money for the needed research.  Gov't imput can't be counted
on.
Andy, have you tried mulching the garden with honey -nut-cheerios?  (My cat
suggested it.)
Ed