Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:57:06 -0800
>>>  We then used the UV and we could find no way that the UV showed what had been
adulterated with paraffin.

Years ago I got a portable UV light to use when showing off minerals and their UV properties.  I remember reading the the minerals gave off fluorescence that differed when the UV frequency was in different wave lengths.  Sometimes the minerals would not fluoresce under one wave length but would under another differing wave length.

Might try the test using just paraffin with a UV light that is capable of emitting  several different wave lengths of UV light.

Mike in LA