From:
"Gordon L. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 08:39:54 GMT
Hi all,

I know of a few people in the uk who use irradiation of  equipment
(&   pollen   for  spring  supplements).   Unsealed  comb  can  be
sterilised this way, sealed comb tends to burst as  honey  bubbles
under  exposure.   Is  this  technique used much elsewhere and are
their any stong feelings about it.  I have heard said the there is
concern  that  EFB  may  survive treatment & may then mutate, I am
told that AFB gets a sure kill.  Any views?

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott          [log in to unmask]   Compuserve 100332,3310
Basingstoke Beekeeper [log in to unmask]

In the beginning there was darkness and the Lord said  "Let  there
be light" and behold there was ...  let: command not found.