Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:31:27 -0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
From: "Owen Watson" "Christine:Who stocks the Lega at these prices? Ta!

Robin replies: (Christine is the computer, or rather the computer owner) I only know stockists in UK, you would need to contact Lega to find importers in other countries. 
In UK, Thorne's  e-mail: [log in to unmask]  were first I think, bringing in a full container load and selling 9-frame manual radials at £200 (£=GBP) (including UK sales tax) as bait at the national shows.  Lega machines come complete with legs and 3 tangential screens - Thorne's own cost £565 as legs/screens are extras. Thorne's now sell the Lega on sales days at £330 I believe. 
Also in UK, Stamfordham Ltd e-mail: [log in to unmask] stock the Lega manual 4-frame tangential as a regular item in their catalogue at £155 - large enough to take 14"x12" frames,  so any large frame.  
Lega machines are designed for Italian frames, but I do not know sizes.  The Italian catalogue says only that the 4690 Smelatore Radiale takes 9 favi da melario or,  in versione tangenziale,  3 favi da nido.  It works with UK frames 14 inches wide if u losen and raise the cage to increase bottom clearence for the UK long lugs.
 Langstroth users (I have not tried) may do better with machines made by Saf Natura  e-mail: [log in to unmask],   stocked in UK by Bee Equipped,  tel: 01 335 370 567.  Saf's brochure states the R9 takes 9 Langstroth - which depth is not clear. No apparent mention of tangential screens, but the drum for the 9-frame radial is 620mm dia so almost certain to be sufficient - but needs checking.  

Would be interesting to hear if Italian extractors are reaching other countries at competitive rates.  

Robin Dartington 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2