From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2018 23:18:21 +0000
"Why have such a dim view of bee keepers."

I have lived thru an AFB epidemic that resulted in burning 80% of the hives locally over a two year period.  Before it was done over a thousand hives were burned.  So, do not give me your ignorant crap about making up issues.  Yes, I favor killing ferals also.  They are disease sources that serve no useful purpose and set back genetic progress on dealing with things like mite resistance.

I sold a nuc to a local last year.  I told her when I sold her  the nuc she should learn to do alcohol washes and she should figure on treating the nuc for mites in August.   Last week she called me up.  She wanted to know why both the nuc she bought from me and a package she got someplace else were dead.  I asked her what the mite count was last August.  She said she looked at them a couple  of times last summer and did not see any mites so did not bother to treat.  I will not sell to her again even if she asks.  She got exactly what she deserved.

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "