From:
BillOhio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 13:38:40 -0400
Hello all,

I'm a hobbyist beekeeper in Ohio, with 18 hives currently and unassembled
equipment to increase that to about 45, and hotdipping is of interest,
particularly if I can do unassembled woodenware with a smaller amount of
wax/rosin to buy than if I need to get enough to dip completed boxes. One of
the beekeepers in our local club dips his boxes. He stated that dipping
before assemblage will not work because no glue will stick to waxed wood. My
question is, what glues will work?
Time spent is less of an issue at my size than having to plunk down hundreds
of dollars' worth of material to be able to fry assembled boxes. On the
other hand, this sounds like a process that is in demand. Perhaps it could
be a service to offer other beekeepers in the area if I made the investment
in larger-scaled equipment, particularly with the influx of new beekeepers
with new woodenware.

Thanks to all of you veterans for your time and willingness to share your
expertise!

Bill Huhman
Central Ohio