From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 19:03:17 -0500
> "Scientists have linked the use of systemic neonicotinoid insecticides to the rapid decline of pollinators and to the deterioration of pollinator health."

I think you have a legitimate question, and the response is not a list of 200 papers. One paper that shows clear evidence of "rapid decline of pollinators" directly linked to neonics would serve. Is there even one?

As Charles mentioned, wild pollinator populations go up and down like the tides. That degree of noise drowns out any distinct signal.

If you look at honey bee declines, the colony numbers have been falling steadily since 1950, at the rate of about 500,000 per decade. This decline has been driven by economic factors such as low prices, and disease factors such as mites and virus.

This is not to say pesticides do not contribute, but one would be hard pressed to establish a direct link between a six decade decline and the relatively recent introduction of new insecticides.

PLB