Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 08:31:27 -0700
> Although my experience with formic acid is limited I think you will get rust.

Lots of discussion about formic acid and rust.  However, most of these comments
have words like 'I think'.  Has anyone who has used formic acid in the past
noticed any unusual amount of rust?

I have used formic acid for several years and have not noticed any unusual
rusting.  I also suggest that the fumes are in the hive for a relatively short
time so maybe this is significant.

Let's go further.  Even if the rusting is increased - so what?  I fail to see
what could go wrong.  This treatment is only applied to brood chambers so
excluders and frames that might be extracted are not at risk.  Even with rust I
would not expect the comb to fall out of the frame or the frame to fall apart.
Yet there appears to be a lot of concern about rust.  What am I missing?

Eric Abell
Gibbons, AB  T0A 1N0
Canada
Phone/fax (780) 998 3143