From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 2015 07:55:59 -0600
Our results show that both constitutive and induced immune responses are not limited by the total quantity of nutrients consumed, but rather different traits respond differently to variation in the ratios of macronutrients (diet quality), and peak in different regions of macronutrient space. The preferred dietary composition therefore represents a compromise between the nutritional requirements of growth and immune responses. We also show that a non-pathogenic immune challenge does not affect diet choice, rather immune-challenged insects modify their allocation of nutrients to improve their immune response.

Interesting,  I am wondering if this Search could include our winter/sugar debate.  Would it be possible to find a "additive" that would stimulate Immune response, and have little to no Ash content, and did not stimulate brood.   IE a better winter save the hive food.

Charles