Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:52:56 -0400
Dear all,

I agree with Bob and Grant: with Bob concerning how people want me to get
the bees out of their walls free, for they have seen on TV how bees are
dying and they too want to "save" the bees (translation--bee-removal for
free); with Grant concerning how I try to give only a quart or two at the
onset of establishing a new site.

The following is my actual contract I use when someone wants me to bring my
bees to their property on a permanent basis, but not for pollination.
Please feel free to revise/edit/examine so we all can use a better version
in the future.

I used to simply shake hands in a gentlemanly agreement; however, I feel I
should have something in writing.  Hence the "contract."

BEE-PLACEMENT AGREEMENT

Earthboy HONEY FARM (Name of the owner here followed by address and phone
number) and Mr. Joe Sixpack (the landowner his address and phone number
here) mutually enter the following agreement:

1) The beekeeper and the landowner agree to place a sustainable number of
bee colonies in the landowner’s property at (his address here), starting
spring 2009.  The sustainable number (currently around thirty) will be
determined by the beekeeper, based on his expertise and yearly crop-yield of
the land.

2) When the colonies are fully established, the beekeeper will provide the
landowner each year with one gallon of honey per each fifteen (15) colonies.
 For example, when the beekeeper places, say, thirty colonies on the
landowner’s property, he will provide the landowner with two gallons of
honey each year.  The landowner shall not sell this honey.

3) When the numbers are fewer than fifteen, as is typically the case at the
initial buildup stage, the beekeeper agrees to give at least a quart or two
jars of honey, depending on the numbers of the colony and the crop of honey
during those years.

4) In exchange of receiving honey from the beekeeper, the landowner will
provide a reasonable protection of the hives placed on his property against
vandalism and theft.  Also when he sees a swarm issued from those hives or
issued from unknown sources in the vicinity, he will immediately notify the
beekeeper for public safety.

5) The landowner agrees not to keep bees as long as the beekeeper’s bees are
placed on his property.

6) Should either party decides to end this agreement, the landowner will
wait and allow the beekeeper to remove the bee colonies in March when the
brood chambers and supers are light.

7)  Any issue not covered in this agreement should be resolved by mutual
discussion, respect, and agreement, and will never cause litigation in
public court.

I read and understand the above agreement and will abide it by signing below.

Signature and Date of both parties

Yoon