Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 02:33:05 GMT
>>Shaking adult bees from diseased colonies onto new combs has often
been tried but the method is unreliable.

I believe the method calls for shaking bees onto undrawn foundation, not comb, without feeding.  Bees digest the huge majority of foulbrood spores in their guts in an hour or two while they are making wax scales for new comb; the bees don't get an opportunity to redeposit spore-laden honey until some comb is built.  I believe this method is practiced in Germany.

Waldemar