From:
Brian Tassey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 23:09:41 -0400
Matt,

Be careful to correlate what you see to the overall seasonal conditions that
your bees experience.  Time of year, rainfall patterns, available bee
pasture, stage of growth of the colonies and many factors play in the health
and well-being of the bees.

Stress is a big factor.  I move my bees about 6-7 times per year and it
causes alot of stress on them but a good honey flow with a decent pollen
source is like a magic wand to cure most ills.

Your good fortune could be mother nature taking pity on you and giving you a
break in the form of ideal conditions.  After going through the "Drought" in
CA (I hope) I'm doing much better I don't see the mite (either one) counts as
high and as common as they were for the last few years.  I now have more live
producing hive than deadouts (Hey I'm satisfied with that).  Guarded optimism
is important, don't get sloppy, remember "It's not nice to fool Mother
Nature".  I'm just glad I'm still running my bees and able to say that.
 Remember Apistan doesn't control T-mites only V-mites  Good LUCK!

Brian Tassey