Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:18:48 -0500
>... some on this list are of the opinion last time I heard that there
> was no such thing as CCD.

The problem has always been with finding a clear and unambiguous
definition and the lack thereof.

It seems that CCD is a syndrome, more than a disease.

> And remember, CCD has never been reported from Canada!

Again, that is question of definitions.  Some are happy to adopt
that designation, others have resisted using it.  Winter in Canada
has also tended to mask and confuse the symptoms and there is
no profit in using that name here, either, whereas it has proven
to be a popular and sometimes profitable affliction in the US.

Dave has been saying he has observed CCD in ON for some time, but
has not presented his case clearly enough, and in a fashion that people
can easily understand.

I have been watching his commentary, but have not understood
his ramp test and ankle rub ideas, and often his abbreviations.

Maybe I should make more of an effort.  Anything you have in the
US, we have here in Canada.  In seven of our 10 provinces and
one of our 3 Terrtories, , bees can and do fly freely across the
International border, but quite a few Canadians and more than a
few Americans continue to pretend the bees respect the border
since it suits their notions.