From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:52:35 -0400
One major problem I have is the consistent reference to water supplies as a good bet to find bees and start from
there. I am on a creek. Now that might not sound like much for all of you from away, but in Maine, creeks are
not just creeks. Ours, Whiskeag Creek, is over 300 feet across at our house, and we are at the narrow end, and
10 feet deep at the center. We are eight miles from the ocean, but the creek is tidal as it connects to the
Kennebec River, so at low tide it is mostly mudflats. Still great swimmin' in the summa' for about five to six
hours around high tide. Sun heats up the top foot and you dive shallow.

I do appreciate all your input on finding feral bees. A theme is emerging.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine