Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:47:12 -0500
Deknow

In the  following, note that the reporters lost their suit...they are not
considered  "whistle blowers" unless they are reporting something illegal.
It is  perfectly legal to report false news.

That's what I learned.  Our University Legal Council said that the  false
accusations made against me last year would be a fruitless suit - the
reporter would just say she was reporting what others told her, which gives  her a
free pass.  I talked to several of those quoted, and they were  apologetic,
said that  their words were taken out of context, etc.  So  much for truth
in reporting.

Jerry