From:
"Richard Foote, RBU, SFO, 415-598-5596" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 00:50:42 -1000
From:   IN%"[log in to unmask]" 21-AUG-1995 15:31:36.88
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"
CC:
Subj:   RE:  bee lotions

Richard--

I know there's a way to send back messages using the threads you've been
shipping to me, but I don't actually know how to do it.  Maybe an online,
e-mail session with you (watching how you do it) would be helpful.

Anyway, a lady in one of the ones just today (which I've already read and
lost) wanted to know if a hand lotion with beeswax in it would be difficult
to make.  Here's the answer:

Beeswax is usually used as a binder in lotions and is not very often the
ingredient that makes the lotion unique.  Be that as it may be, this recipe
for Moisturing Vitamin E Cream uses more wax than most and might be what
you're looking for.  It is from Jeanne Rose's "Herbal Body Book."

   <4 oz. olive oil, 3 Tablespn beeswax, 2 oz. Orange water, 5000 units
vitamin E, 5 drops oil of Orange flower or Orange peel

Melt the oil and the wax in the top of an enamel or glass double boiler,
remove from heat, add your Orange water, and stir thoroughly.  (you can get
Orange water in the grocery store, or at health food stores or gourmet
places)  Pierce 10 capsules of 500 units of vitamin E and squeeze the
contents into the cream.  Add your essential oil and stir continuously until
cool.  This cream is very moisturizing and emollient.  It is nice for rough,
dry, or chapped complexions and should help promote healthy looking skin.>

There are far more recipes for beauty products that use honey than I have
found use beeswax, but I hope this serves.

Angel Michaels