From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 07:51:31 -0700
>Any success stories of co-habiting horses and bees would be appreciated.

This is a perennial problem here in the arid western US, especially during
the past two years of drought.  I wish that I had an easy solution, but I
don't.  So we generally just move our hives (which is not an option in your
case).

The only possible solution that I can think of would be to give up that
waterer to the bees (easier than retraining them to another source) and
even make it more attractive to them by adding floating bark and aquatic
plants.  Then fence or cover it so that the horses can't reach it.

Simultaneously, provide the horses with an alternative water source,
perhaps in a darkened shed or barn, away from the original waterer.  Please
let me know if this works!

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA