From:
maryam henein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:21:20 -0700
As someone who speaks and reads fluent French, I have read reports out of France that detail imadicloprid's effect on the honey bee. The pesticide is designed to hamper the navigational abilities of insects. And that's just one of many pesticides.
As one beekeeper noted, "at a purely common sense level it is inescapably
rational to say that insecticide is, by definition, antagonistic to
bees, right? ...the idea of putting
insecticide in a beehive is inherently a little daffy."

The beekeeper then adds that "Worshipping science can be just as faulty as other kinds of idolatry."

I find it strange that there are beekeepers out there defending these products.
I am not saying this is the singular cause of CCD. As a reporter, I am simply relating theories out there as 'wildy' different as they may be. We don't know what is causing CCD. And it's not necessarily one singular thing.

In general, it seems that some parties are determined to find a cause for CCD stemming from Mother Nature such as a virus or fungus, instead of thinking that the root cause lies in something man-made or because of our programmed practices....