From:
Scot Mc Pherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:38:50 -0500
Eric Said:
...in New Zealand...(he heard) beekeepers that practiced or had
practiced eliminating summer bees
after/with the harvest.

Well it makes "some" sense. It forces the bees to immediately
re-evaluate their population and raise bees quickly. Since they are
raising winter bees at this time, there will be more winter bees going
into winter. I am not saying it's the right way of doing it, but I
understand why someone might do it that way. I prefer to let the bees
handle it themselves, but I don't move my hives around, or I move them
as little as possible, because perhaps I have a new yard or I am not
happy with a yard I already have.

--
Scot McPherson
The McPherson Family Honey Farms