From:
Dan Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:52:34 -0400
Hi Doug,

I picked up a couple of the Broodminder scales last year for fun/interest.
Both worked throughout the season (installed late spring, pulled late fall)
in Western MA.  They both appeared to be consistent (no odd spikes or drops
logged), and relatively durable (i.e. no failure issues).  I can't speak to
exactly how accurate as I did not confirm numbers by any other means (was
just interested in logging nectar flow times).  The app is easy to navigate
and pull readings from the hives, I didn't get the hub unit.  If I have any
complaint at all about them, it appears that the plastic cover on them only
reduces (doesn't eliminate) humidity inside the scale as I did observe a
small amount of rusting on the two locator pins within the scales.

I also have the Nectar Detector.  Very convenient for the price and
functions well.  My complaints for that unit are more on user error I
suspect as I had trouble getting consistent weights over multiple readings
(varied by several pounds).  I suspect my issue had to do with how quickly
I tried to torque the scale (I.e. a fast twist results in a higher weight
reading than a slow turn).

Best regards,
Dan