Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:02:54 BST
Barry Birkey asked:
> I'm trying to find working drawings for a W.B.C. hive. Can anyone give
me information on
> where to obtain such drawings?

=46rom sci.agriculture.beekeeping recently:

From: [log in to unmask] ("Mike Davies")
Subject: Re: Hive building
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 08:06:26 GMT

Since you are both in the UK, your local association should have some. =

If not then the British Bee Keepers Association sell plans for Modified =

National, WBC, Smith & Langstroth for 75p each.

Make cheques payable to BBKA and send order to :-

Mrs. G.R. Chirnside
Bryn y Pant Cottage
Upper Llanover,
Abergavenny,
GWENT
NP7 9ES

If you are not sure about total cost including P & P, mark your cheque: =

"Not to exceed =A3..."

These details come from the May BBKA Newsletter.

Mike

The problem, with sending small sums like this internationally (75p is
approximately $1) is that the costs of changing the money often exceed
the original sum involved.  This will certainly be the case if you pay
by cheque.  What I'd do if I were replying from the US would be to put
a $5 bill in the letter.   That would easily cover the cost, including
post and packing, even after the money changers have had their cut.

Whilst I've not seen the WBC plans I do have a copy of the BBKA Modified
National plans.  If the WBC plans are similar then they won't include
details of the frames.  Note that they are NOT the same size as
Langstroth frames.

For anyone else who might be interested, although Mike Davies doesn't
mention it I think the BBKA also sell plans for Commercial hives.
(There must be more types of hives in use in the British Isles than
anywhere else in the world!)

--
Malcolm Roe            [log in to unmask]