From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 17:46:19 -0400
first a Mr Smart snip followed by one from Mr Linder....

'Everything else is just opinion and anecdotes which will never actually affect change'

'The comment that   "native vegetation" is better  in the opening of the aforementioned note tells me right off where your headed.  As mentioned  I am still reading  so I will refrain from assumptions.'

my comments...
First I would suggest to Mr Smart that casual observation (quite often by non science folks) does drive a lot of research.  Apitherapy comes to mind here but of course after the casual observation it may well take science decades to determine how things function.

To address Mr Linder comments I would first suggest that a great deal of the known problems with animal health starts with deficiency in the soil and therefore imho simply planting native species will not address this physical limitation.  These physical constrints may in fact not be the difference between whether an individual survives or dies but they may make the difference in whether an individual thrives or if it ever has the chance to fulfill all of it biological functions (for example reproduction).