From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:40:09 -0400
> I didn't want to stir the pot but lately, on another thread, we have been reading about the difficulty in  removing bee keeper and  other ag chems from beeswax.

I would hasten to add there are other difficulties: the difficulty of detecting these chemicals and the difficulty in associating them with any plausible harm that could come of consuming such infinitesimal quantities of chemicals. There are far greater quantities of ag chemicals in other food products than in beeswax and honey.

As we have stated before, Americans consume these traces of chemicals regularly and yet we are living longer than ever before. Most diet related illness has to do with eating too much, rather than what you eat. People that refer to chemical contamination often have no knowledge of chemistry, mass spectrography, parts per billion, or the scientific method.

As an example, look at The 20th Australian Total Diet Survey (A total diet survey of pesticide residues and contaminants)

The key results from the survey are:

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/scienceandeducation/publications/20thaustraliantotaldietsurveyjanuary2003/20thaustraliantotaldietsurveyfullreport/