From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:32:00 -0400
Hi everyone,
A friend of mine told me just recently that he got into an ugly situation
with a hive and wound up getting stung a hundred or more times.  He had a
bad reaction and passed out a few times in a row before being taken to the
ER.  He never had any breathing difficulty, and I don't know all the
medical details, but it was overall a pretty bad reaction.  He has about
fifty hives, and he'd really like to keep at it, but he doesn't want to
foolishly risk his life.  It seems possible that it was just the high
number of stings that caused the severe reaction, but can anyone speak to
that issue from experience?

What experiences can you all recount to me about people that continued
keeping bees after having severe reactions and how their bodies reacted
subsequently?

Thanks everyone,
Eric