From:
"Bob St. John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 07:03:25 -1000
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Gunnar Thygesen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well Joel, you wrote a fine and comprehensive story about the TBHs but
>did Langtroth discover the bee space and the frame idea?

    Almost no discoveries are made by one person. A great discovery is useless
unless it's use is described and publicized. Langstroth explained how to use the
bee space and changed beekeeping.
    It is convenient to say that Langstroth discovered the bee space and that
Columbus discovered America. Btu. you are correct we should always remember on
whose shoulders they were standing.