Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:14:06 -0500
On opening my bees today, it was 60 degrees, I found no activity and fewer
bees than I expected. This was my first year and a rocky one. With mites
then mice then opposums. I was doing well till the opposums, I fear their
predatation weakened my two hives to late in the season to recover as they
had food but the numbers didn't seem to be there. Anyway there was almost no
brood, spotty on the edge of one comb and that brood haddegraded to a yellow
liquid. Is it possible to reuse this comb ( duragilt ) ? If so should I cut
away those cells ? Or would it be better to disgard the foundation and
scrape the frame ?