Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:34:58 -0400
http://www.intellicast.com/Community/Weekly.xml

I won't bother to go through all the info on this very informative and
backed by studies website. It is not one-sided. (The latest post explains
the drought in Argentina.)

It is interesting that a solid majority of Meteorologists do not ascribe to
GW. When you get to Climatologists, it depends on how you phase the question
(how much is man responsible).

As far as Allen's comments on science, climatology is an infant science.
Most all of what we know about weather patterns started in the late 1970s
when we had a sudden warming. Satellites helped us see the reasons. That is
when you started hearing about El Nino and then La Nina.

Weather is tied to global, ocean, and local oscillations. Each interacts
with the other. Then you have the problem of what causes those oscillations.
Add volcanoes and it gets even more complicated. Then add that in a severe
cooling period, areas like Alaska and Greenland can have above normal
temperatures! There goes common sense and anecdotal evidence. But it makes
for great headlines.

Of interest, Meteorologists have been more consistent than Climatologists in
calling just what has happened with the weather over the past 30 years,
including the recent cooling even with CO2 increasing. (Water vapor does
dwarf CO2 as a greenhouse gas.)

Add our lack of knowledge of harmonics in the sun's output and you truly
have a bunch of weather alchemists searching chicken entrails and expounding
on their findings and calling it science.

How does that relate to beekeeping? I the link I posted tells me what to
expect for the year and he had been exceptionally accurate. His winter
predictions were correct for the past two years, when I first started
reading him. So I have a fairly good idea on what to plan for. I expected a
cool spring and summer and that is exactly what we are seeing here in Maine.
Looking at a high of 69F this weekend, when we normally are in the high 80s
or low 90s.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine